Information You Provide – We and our service providers collect any information that you provide when you use the Websites, including when you:
- create an account;
- enroll in programs and services;
- sign up to receive our electronic newsletters or updates;
- apply for employment with Ipsen (in some cases a third-party host’s policy may apply);
- use tools on the Websites (such as tools you can use to track your child’s height and weight);
- participate in polls or surveys;
- request a grant;
- request that we send Website content to friends, family members, or others; or
- otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us may include, but is not limited to:
- your or your child’s name and date of birth;
- contact information such as your physical address, email address, and phone number;
- your friends’ and family members’ names and email addresses;
- information required to process certain requests (such as your Social Security number on an IRS W-9 form submitted via the Websites with a grant request or request for charitable contribution);
- demographic information such as your or your child’s age, ethnicity, gender, height, and weight;
- username, password, and other registration information;
- your or your child’s medical condition;
- employment history, education history, and any other information you submit in connection with a job application or in a resume that you post to the Websites; and
- any other information you provide us when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We, our service providers, and third party online ad companies may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or device over time and across different websites when you use the Websites, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your browser type, your operating system, the domain name of your Internet Service Provider, the pages you view on the Websites, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Websites, date and time of access, and any searches you make on the Websites.
We may combine both the information you provide us and automatically collected information with other information collected from external third party sources.
We may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with services or information (e.g., newsletters) you request or may find useful, including notices regarding relevant medical conditions and treatment;
- delivering marketing communications, special offers, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, including the delivery of Targeted Advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Websites and other third-party websites (for example, if you view a page on the Websites about a particular Ipsen product, you may receive an online advertisement for that product or a related product on a different page on the Websites or on other websites on the Internet you visit);
- developing or improving products and services;
- helping our third-party partners and vendors better understand the demographics and preferences of our users;
- providing you with information about the Websites or required notices;
- allowing us to improve the Websites and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- communicating with you about and processing your application for employment with Ipsen;
- sending your friends or family members a one-time email inviting them to visit the Websites;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Websites; and
California Consumer Privacy Act Notice for California Residents (CCPA)
If you reside in the State of California, this Privacy Notice supplements the information above regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of your personal information.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) gives California consumers the right to know what personal information is collected about them, and how it will be used, disclosed, and sold. The CCPA gives California consumers the right to request access to and deletion of their personal information, and the right to request that their personal information not be sold.
The purpose of this notice is to describe our practices regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and sale of personal information and instructions for submitting CCPA data privacy requests. Some of the Personal information that we collect, use, and disclose may be exempt from the CCPA because it is regulated by other federal and state laws that apply to us.
We collect personal information from you when you interact with us online (through our Website) or offline (such as through your health care providers, if you are a patient.) The information we collect from you will depend on the nature of our interaction with you, but may include the following categories that we have collected in the preceding twelve (12) months:
California Consumers, please click here for detailed information.
The CCPA provides you (as a California resident) with specific rights subject to certain exceptions.
- The Right to Know. You have the right under the CCPA to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell. The process for exercising this right is describe below under How to Submit a Data Privacy Request
- The Right to Deletion. You have the right under the CCPA to request deletion of any personal information about you that we have collected from you. The process for exercising this right is describe below under How to Submit a Data Privacy Request
- The Right to Opt Out. You have the right under the CCPA to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
- The Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right under the CCPA not to be discriminated against for exercising your
How to Submit a Data Privacy Request
To process your request for access or deletion, we must be able to verify your identity to a reasonable degree of certainty. In order to do so, you must provide the required information when completing the online request form or making a request through one of our customer service agents. We will ask you to provide your contact information and an additional identifier based on your relationship with us. Before we process your request, we will match these data point with data points we currently maintain to verify your identity and your relationship with us.
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request to access, delete, or opt-out of the sale of your information on your behalf. When you use an authorized agent to submit a request for access or deletion, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and, in certain circumstances, we may ask you to verify your own identity directly with us. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Right to Know
Please note that we may not be required to provide you access to the specific pieces of information we have collected about you or delete information if we have not been able to verify your identity.
Right to Delete
We may not be required to delete information under certain circumstances. Specifically, the CCPA includes exemptions that provide that we do not have to delete data that, for example, is necessary to complete a transaction, detect security incidents, or for certain other internal purposes.
Sale or Disclosure of Information
The CCPA defines “sale” very broadly to include sharing or disclosing of personal information with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Ipsen does not resell personal information as part of its business model, but occasionally shares data with third parties secondarily to a services arrangement, such as when the third party processes the data on behalf of Ipsen, but then may also keep the data to further use on its own behalf.
Personal Information Collected from Employees, Contractors, and Applicants (please click here for detailed information)
Employees – If you are an Ipsen employee and would like more information about the categories of personal information we collect from you and the purposes for which the personal information will be used, please email IpsenUS_Privacy@ipsen.com.
Contractors – If you are a contractor performing services for Ipsen and would like information about the categories of personal information we collect from you as a contractor and the purpose for which the personal information will be used, please email IpsenUS_Privacy@ipsen.com.
Job Applicants – If you are applying for a position with Ipsen and would like information about the categories of personal information Ipsen collects from you as a job applicant and the purposes for which the personal information, please email IpsenUS_Privacy@ipsen.com.