R&D at a glance
Ipsen’s commitment to research & development is our bold promise to patients to launch at least one new drug or meaningful new indication every year. We will secure our future by building a pipeline of innovative medicines, establishing our leadership position in key therapeutic areas, ensuring sustainable lifecycle management and, most importantly, creating a company of inspiring people throughout our R&D organization.
- In 2017, we invested €266 million in R&D, equivalent to 14% of sales
- We have 550 employees dedicated to R&D
- Ipsen’s R&D activities are focused in Europe (France, UK, Ireland and Germany), the USA and China.
- Our 3 main R&D hubs are located in Paris-Saclay, France; Oxford in the UK and Cambridge in the USA and we have 5 other R&D sites located in China, France, Germany, Ireland and the UK.
- We have nine clinical studies in Phase III
- In 2017, we achieved:
- Seven new regulatory approvals
- New laboratory building in Dreux
- A £22 million investment at our campus at Wrexham, U.K.
- 1st recombinant toxin ever to enter clinical development
- Largest acquisition in Ipsen’s history
Patients are always on our minds and inspire us to work faster and better. We empower our teams to take and manage risks to make timely decisions. We listen to feedback from patients, partners and collaborators to improve our performance.
Dr Alexandre Lebeaut, Executive Vice President Research & Development, Chief Scientific Officer.
NUMBER OF IPSEN SPONSORED CLINICAL STUDIES COMPLETED IN 2017
|Therapeutic Area||Study Phase||# Studies||Subjects|
|Oncology and Rare Diseases||I||1||4|