Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) announces the publication of the resolutions proposed by its Board of Directors to its next Shareholders’ Meeting to be held on June 7, 2017 at 3:00 pm at the Maison des Arts et Métiers in Paris in the Bulletin des annonces légales obligatoires.
In addition to the dividend approval (€0.85 per share), shareholders will be asked to approve the following main resolutions:
- Nominations of Dr. Margaret Liu and Ms. Carol Stuckley as independent Directors. They would bring to the Board of Directors diverse international experiences and solid scientific and business backgrounds.
- Margaret Liu is a worldwide distinguished scientist who consults in global health and teaches at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and the Karolinska Institute. She is a graduate of Harvard Medical School and is renowned for her scientific contributions in the field of vaccines and cancer immunotherapies.
- Carol Stuckley is an experienced Chief Financial Officer who has worked extensively in the pharmaceutical industry. She holds an MBA in International Business & Finance and an MA in Economics from Temple University in Philadelphia.
- Nomination of Mr. David Meek, Chief Executive Officer of the Company, as Director.
- Renewal of Mr. Antoine Flochel, Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors, as Director.
Biographies of Dr. Margaret Liu and Ms. Carol Stuckley
Margaret Liu, in her role as Principal of ProTherImmune since 2002, consults in the fields of global health, vaccines and immunotherapy for pharma/biotech and investment companies, universities, and governmental scientific research councils. Since 2003, she has also served as Professor at Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, first as Visiting Professor and then as Foreign Adjunct Professor. She has also served as Adjunct Full Professor at the University of California in San Francisco, CA since 2013 and President for the International Society for Vaccines since 2016. Before that, she served various functions in the private and public sector parallel to her academic career. She earned her B.A. in Chemistry, summa cum laude, from Colorado College and an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
Carol Stuckley is the Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice President of Healthcare Payment Specialists, LLC in Fort Worth, TX. From 2010 to 2013, she was Vice President, Finance (Chief Financial Officer), North America at Galderma Laboratories, L.P., in Fort Worth, TX. Prior to Galderma, Carol had a 23 year career at Pfizer, Inc., New York, NY, where she held several multinational, senior financial leadership roles including Assistant Treasurer, Corporate Officer and Vice President of Finance. She holds an MBA in International Business & Finance and an MA in Economics from Temple University (Fox Business School) in Philadelphia, PA as well as a BA in Economics and French from the University of Delaware in Newark, DE.