The Consumer Medicine Information
The Consumer Medicine Information, or CMI, is a leaflet that provides clear, easy – to – understand information to patients and their carers about the safe and effective use of a medicine.
Please note that the CMI is intended for use only in Australia, as the registered use of the product may vary in other countries. The CMI does not replace advice from a healthcare professional; please discuss any questions or concerns with your healthcare professional.
A CMI includes:
- Name of the medicine
- Names of the active and inactive ingredients
- What the medicine is used for and how it works
- Warnings and precautions, such as when the medicine should not be taken
- Interactions the medicine might have with food or other medicines
- How to use the medicine properly
- Side effects
- What to do in the case of an overdose
- How to store the medicine properly.
For more information, please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
If you are a healthcare professional please visit the healthcare professionals page to view the Product Information.
Please select from the following Consumer Medicine Information leaflets: