The Group confirms its focus strategy:
In specialty care:
- A focus on three niche therapeutic areas where Ipsen has the potential to become a leader: neuroendocrine tumors, spasticity, and the aesthetic indication of Dysport® through our partnership with Galderma;
- The reinforcement of the Group’s presence in its historical therapeutic areas: urology-oncology and adult endocrinology ;
- The exploration of adjacent therapeutic areas, in gastrointestinal (GI) and orphan cancers.
In primary care:
- Optimization of the GI portfolio;
- Diversification on adjacent GI pathologies;
- Reinforcement of geographical coverage;
- Setup of an OTx commercial model to benefit from strong brand recognition and maximize commercial reach.
 OTx: Dual channel approach (Rx/OTC)
2020 outlook includes:
- Sales in excess of 2.0 billion euros, driven by cabozantinib sales in 2019 and 2020;
- Core Operating Margin beyond 26%, despite the investment phase in 2017 and 2018 to launch cabozantinib for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma in Europe.
Moreover, the Group continues its business development efforts, simultaneously targeting molecules under development and commercialized products in the Group’s targeted therapeutic areas, in the US, Europe, and the emerging markets. The Group is also considering external growth to reinforce its primary care business in Europe and emerging markets. In line with the strategy of exploring adjacent therapeutic areas, the Group will also look for opportunities in gastrointestinal and orphan cancers.
 In percentage of sales
Ipsen at a glance
The group in 2015
14 September 2016 - Paris (France)
European Commission approves Ipsen’s Cabometyx™ (cabozantinib) Tablets for the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in…