A structured approach to the management of partnering
Ipsen partners from basic research through to marketing. Strategic alliances are managed by the Alliance Management group which was established to develop a consistent approach to manage the Company’s growing portfolio of research, development and commercial alliances.
Alliance Management aims to:
- Maximize the value generated by alliances
- Reducing the risk of failure due to the complexity of the collaborative work.
Partnerships allow the Group to:
- access resources for its programs and expand its skills base, by developing partnerships with companies with complementary skills or technologies;
- maximize its distribution network by obtaining marketing rights for third-party products in countries where the Group already has a presence;
- maximize commercial benefits by granting licenses for products originating from Ipsen’s research but which do not fall within the Group’s core business areas.